Are you a conscious consumer and wants to make a difference in this world? Flow Co aims to build a sustainable community online. Because of this, we created a group where everybody is welcome to ask and share about sustainability.
What is sustainability?
Sustainability is meeting your needs without compromising the needs of the future generations. It means that you consume without depleting the resources for others especially the next generation. Hence, it is very important for us to start building a sustainable community. Finally, we have that group now.
How to start living in a sustainable community?
So, congratulations on the initiative to make this world a better place for all of us! Here’s some few ways you can start living in a sustainable community:
- If you’re living a well ventilated home, choose to open the windows instead of turning the fan or air condition on (if possible).
- Turn off the lights when not in use.
- Turn off all your devices at night including your WIFI router.
- Try pre-loved or secondhand items.
- Bring your own eco-friendly grocery bags.
- Bring your own water bottles and containers.
- Support ethical and environmentally friendly brand.
- Choose to receive your bills via email/paperless.
- Switch to cloth diapers, cotton pads, and period pads. We will talk about this further inside our sustainable community.
- Repurpose glass jars or bottles.
- Reduce food scraps by cooking and eating only what you need.
- Try shampoo bars to reduce packaging waste.
- If possible, get your devices repaired instead of buying a new one.
- Support organizations in planting trees.
- Reuse paper bags or gift bags.
We can still name few more tips on how to start contributing into a sustainable community in our Facebook group. Inside the group, you can share your thoughts, questions, and anything related to your sustainable life. We wanted to have you in our safe space where we can help each other better in making this world eco-friendly. As a result, we will make sure that the group will be a place of respect and accountability. We hope to see you inside the community! Invite your friends as well.