The population growth in Australia is never ending and this means more people generate more waste. Environmental issues are harder to solve in this situation. One of the ways we can help in our own little way is to switch to an eco-friendly lifestyle, which several people are making now. One example is switching from disposable pads to eco-friendly reusable pads in Australia. There are several brands right now that offer a variety of sizes and patterns that’s perfect for a woman’s everyday life.
If you’re in Australia and you can’t decide if you want to start using eco-friendly pads, here are the benefits that can help you:
- It’s easy to clean.
- It’s cheaper in the long run.
- It can last up to 3-5 years when cared for properly.
- It does not contain toxins that’s bad for your body.
- It’s comfortable to wear.
- It has snap buttons that hold in place.
- It absorbs higher than disposable pads.
How to wash your eco-friendly pads?
- When you buy your first eco-friendly period pads, make sure to wash them before use.
- After use, soak the pads in cold water for 30 minutes. Avoid hot water to prevent staining. The side with blood should be facing down.
- After soaking, run the pads again in cold water to help wash away all period blood. After that, wash by hand or in the washing machine along with your clothes.
- Dry under sunlight if possible. This will help kill bacteria in the pads. If not possible, use a dryer on low heat.
- Fold and use again on your next period.
How much can I possibly spend on eco-friendly period pads in Australia?
If you compare the cost of eco-friendly period pads to disposable pads, you will save more money in the long run. If you’re still in doubt, try buying 1-2 pads a month and build your stash as time goes by. You can start with our 3-pack eco-friendly pads. You can add wet bags too to store the pads whenever you’re outside.